For the present this is a brief synopsis for the JACKSON family. The connection to the TERRY family is through my sister Jean WHEATON, née TERRY
- The mother of her husband Dennis Ian WHEATON was Gladys May WHEATON, née CROSS, born 15th May 1911. The father was Eric William WHEATON.
- His father was Ernest WHEATON and his wife was Beatrice WHEATON, née JACKSON. She was born on the 18th July 1893 at Little Thurrock, Essex and died on 6th May 1941. Ernest and Beatrice were married on 15th January 1916 in West Ham, Essex, by licence.
- The father of Beatrice was Alfred JACKSON, born 13th February 1858, Gravesend, Kent, he married Charlotte Newman BARNARD who was born on 3rd January 1855 at Covent Garden on 24th December 1882 at Gravesend
The children of Alfred and Charlotte were:Alfred, married Annie
Mabel married Reginald CROUCH
Beatrice, born 18th July 1893, married Ernest WHEATON and William Henry MILLER
Frank, married Winnie LOBLEY
Stanley, married Ethel IVES
Majorie, married Herbert LEE
Harold killed 1914-1918
- The father of Alfred was George Abel JACKSON who was baptised on 25th May 1817 at St George, Gravesend, he married Sarah COX who was baptised on the 11th February 1814 at Gravesent, Kent on 16th August 1838 at St Mary Magdalene, Bermondsey.
The children of George and Sarah were:George, born 1844, Bermondsey, married Susanna Maria DAVIES
John, baptised 24th September 1845, Gravesend
William, baptised 13th May 1849, Gravesend
Sarah, baptised 16th May 1852, Gravesend
Maria Amelia, baptised 4th January 1856, Gravesend
Alfred, born 13th February 1858, Gravesend, married Charlotte Newman BARNARD
- The father of George Abel was George JACKSON and his wife was Sarah
The children of George and Sarah were:Sarah Ann, baptised 2nd January 1811, Gravesend
George Thomas, baptised 7h June 1815, Gravesend
George Abel, baptised 25th May 1817, married Sarah COX
Marianne, baptised 26th September 1819, Gravesend
Caroline, baptised 12th November, Gravesend, buried 9th March 1824, Gravesend
Return to Home Page
If you have comments, alterations, corrections, amendments etc. please follow the details to be found on the Home Page to contact me.