A book on the STEDMAN family which includes the THOROGOOD family was issued in February 1999.
A brief resumé of the THOROGOOD line from my wife Jacqueline TERRY, is as follows:
- My wifes mother was Maude Elizabeth POLTON née THOROGOOD, born 24th December 1903 at 2 Willow Cottages, Kingston Road, Wimbledon, Surrey and died 27th January 1998, 7 Newland Crescent Ruishton, Taunton, Somerset
- The father of Maude Elizabeth was William Henry THOROGOOD, born 1st February 1878, Kingston Road, Cottenham Park, Wimbledon, Surrey, he married Elizabeth Maud STEDMAN in Northfleet, Kent on 20th October 1898.
The children of William Henry and Elizabeth Maud were:Frederick Henry, Wimbledon, Surrey born 15th February 1900, married Norah DALTON
Maude Elizabeth, born 24th December 1903 Wimbledon, Surrey married Albert Augustus POLTON
Ruth Norah, born 6th August 1906, Wimbledon, Surrey
John William, born 22nd November 1909, Wimbledon, Surrey
Gladys Ella Muriel, born 12th April 1915, Wimbledon, Surrey, married Frederick James WOOD
- The father of William Henry was Henry THOROGOOD born 1836 Felstead, Essex he was married to Bets(e)y CHITTENDEN, born 1840 Ticehurst/Tonbridge, Kent, they married on 12th February 1874 at The Parish Church, Croydon, Surrey
The children of Henry and Betsy were:Frederick Charles, born 1873, married Harriet HUTCHINGS William Henry, born 1st February 1878, married Maud Elizabeth STEDMAN
- His father of Henry was Joseph THOROGOOD born 1800 Rayne, Essex was married to Hannah, born 1800
The children of Joseph and Hannah were:Joseph, born 22nd July 1827, Felsted, Essex
William, born 4th November 1829, Felsted, Essex
Mary Ann, born 21st March 1832, Felsted, Essex, married James MUNSON
Henry, born 15th September 1835, Felsted, Essex, married Bets(e)y CHITTENDEN
- If you have comments, alterations, corrections, amendments etc. please follow the details to be found on the Home Page to contact me.